- 1 Cup cooked kidney beans
- 1 Cup cooked adzuki beans
- 1 Cup cooked pinto beans
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Red pepper, chopped
- 1 Green pepper, chopped
- 2 Cups finely chopped cauliflower
- 1 Cup diced celery
- 1 Cup diced tomatoes
- 2 Cups vegetable broth
- 4 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 3 Tbsp cumin
- 5 Tbsp chili powder
- Diced Avocado (topping)
- Over moderate heat, add oil to a deep pot and combine onion, peppers, celery, and garlic.
- Saute for 3 to 5 minutes to soften vegetables. Add broth, and remaining ingredients (except avocado), stirring to combine.
- Season chili with cumin, chili powder, and sea salt.
- Bring to a boil, then immediately turn down to medium low and simmer for 1 hour.
- Alternately, place ingredients into a slow cooker/crock pot and cook 3-4 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.
- Serve topped with diced avocado.