Diabetes is a chronic disease that can be treated and controlled. It is caused by a lack or lack of use of a hormone called insulin. This hormone allows sugar to enter the body's cells for use as a source of energy. In people with diabetes, there is a lack of insulin, so sugar can not be used as fuel for the cells. It then accumulates in the blood and causes an increase in sugar levels ... so-called hyperglycemia. Diabetes can be treated with a healthy diet.
Here are some well-known foods to help those with diabetes. They can also help you control your blood sugar and protect your heart.
- Garlic: The best friend of your heart
- Spinach: Rich in antioxidants
- Avocado: Anti-diabetes and anti-cholesterol
- Oats: The best breakfast for the diabetic
- Lemon: To reduce the blood sugar level.