- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 Cups chopped leeks (white parts only)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons miso paste
- 1/2 Tsp dried thyme
- 1 Head cauliflower, chopped
- 6 Cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 Cup raw unsalted overnight soaked cashews
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and saute the garlic & leeks for about 3 minutes until soft.
- Add cauliflower and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, miso paste, thyme & lemon and increase the heat to high, bringing to a boil.
- Quickly reduce heat to medium & simmer for about 20-30 minutes, until cauliflower is tender.
- Remove from heat and allow the soup to cool slightly then stir in cashews.
- Pour the soup into a blender in batches & puree on high for 1 - 2 minutes until smooth and creamy.