- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 leek, trimmed of all but 1 inch of
- dark-green top, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Cups broccoli, trimmed & cut into small florets
- 2 Cups chopped asparagus
- 5 Cups vegetable stock
- 1/3 Cup soaked pine nuts
- 1/2 Tsp sea salt
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion, leek & and garlic cooking for 8 to 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add broccoli, asparagus, sea salt,stock and 2 cups water to pan.
- Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat and dry-fry pine nuts, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until golden & add to soup.
- Using a food processor or blender, process soup, in batches, until smooth. Season with black pepper.