- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries (tops removed)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- * Optional 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- * Optional add a sprinkle of stevia tosweeten
Makes about 1 1/2 cups of jam.
- In a small saucepan cook strawberries over low/medium heat for 5 minutes while stirring continually. The berries will release moisture and soften. If you like your jam more smooth than chunky, you can use a blender to puree it.
- Stir in the chia seeds & optional vanilla bean powder and remove from heat.
- Allow to cool before using or storing. After a few hours the chia seeds will thicken the jam into a beautifully spreadable texture.
- You can use any variation of berries or fruit to create different flavors of jam.