- 1/3 Cup green lentils
- ¼ Tsp sea salt
- 1 Head broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 Medium sweet potato cut into bite size cubes
- 2 Cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 Cup grated carrot
** Top with Zesty Cashew
- Combine rice and lentils in a medium bowl, cover with water and rinse a couple of times until water is clear.
- Cover with water again and soak overnight for up to 8 hours.
- Drain and rinse. In a medium saucepan place the rice and lentils, plus 1½ cups water (add 2 cups if you did not soak in advance), & sea salt.
- Bring to a boil, simmer covered until water has been absorbed & rice and lentils are cooked through, 30-45 minutes (30 minutes if you soaked the grains, up to 45 if you didn\'t).
- Ten minutes before the grains are done, add the sweet potato. If the water has all dried up, add a bit more.
- After 5 minutes, add the broccoli on top of the sweet potato. Remove from heat, mix rice & lentil mixture with raw shredded cabbage & carrots, top with sauce & serve.